Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Ribbon and Trim Swap- Simply Betty Stamps

The swaps on Simply Betty's Facebook page are great fun. I love shopping for goodies. This swap was for ribbons and trims. My swap buddy was Trudie in the UK. I managed to get my Dad to post her gift during his holiday, speeding up the delivery time.
Instead of a box for the ribbon, I decided to make a colour swatch book that could be hung up by the ring at the top. I tried to include ribbons in every colour with some holiday themes as well.

Thanks so much to Betty for the great image to use in the swap!

Friday, 26 July 2013

Through the Purple Haze Challenge Week Two

This week's challenge was the theme of flowers. I had some flower stamps from Flourishes that I had received as part of a kit from Lime Tart. The set featured Australian flora and I chose to colour the Sturt Desert Rose which is the floral emblem of the Northern Territory to be the feature flower in my card design. I coloured the image using Copic Markers as listed below.
Flower: E04, R11, RV23
Flower Centre: V09, V06, R85
Leaves: YG63, YG67, G85, G94
I also used W5 to create some depth in the shadows.
The gorgeous doiley in the background was from Studio Calico.
The paper and sentiment were from Fancy Pants Designs' Hopscotch range.

Looking forward to next week's challenge.

Friday, 19 July 2013

Through the Purple Haze- Weekly Challenge 15th July

It is exciting to be joining in with the challenges at Through the Purple Haze Challenge Blog. The first challenge was to create with either Indigo Blu stamps or enter the Anything Goes Challenge.
I loved the look of all the Indigo Blu stamps but there was no way they would have made it to Australia in time to use them for the challenge so that left the Anything Goes Challenge.
I decided to stick with using stamps and made use of a new one I had received from Viva Las Vegas Stamps. My project was an Artist Trading Card using the theme of lighthouses and needed to incorporate acetate in some way. This project was also for a swap group I am in.
I began by stamping the image onto cream cardstock using brown Memento ink. I then inked around the edge with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
Next, I used brown, blue and green alcohol ink and swirled it over the acetate sheet to create 'waves'. Once dry, I cut the acetate down to size and attached a piece to the stamped image using my Tiny Attacher- one of my favourite little tools!!
The card still needed something and so I added a diamante light and created beams using blue metallic thread. The final touch was a little silver gilding wax around the edges.

Sunday, 7 July 2013

June Simply Betty Challenge

It has been another hectic month. I have managed to do some crafting and will endeavour to get some of my efforts posted in the next few weeks as I have some extra free time.
I have enjoyed colouring another beautiful image from Betty this month. For a change, I have made a note of the Copic colours that I have used also.

Copic Colours for image
Skin: E50, E53
Cheeks: YR00
Lips: R85, E04
Hair: E31, E33, E35
Wings: BG10, G00, BG15
Dress: BV02, BV04, BV17
I also used Waterfall Stickles on the wings, and of course managed to use bling around the page including on the fairy's dress.