Friday 9 August 2013

Simply Betty July Challenge

For the July challenge over at Simply Betty Stamps, we had the choice of either a good or bad mermaid digi. I chose the good version. She was so much fun to colour.
I used shades of purple for her hair and while I made her tail grey, I added dots of the purple shades to represent scales.
This card was a perfect excuse to splurge on a memory box die. I loved the detail in this wave design.
The background was created by using a Sizzix die and then rubbing distress ink across the top to highlight the embossed design.
I placed gauze behind the mermaid and finally added some Flourish With A Bling Pearls in Dark Blue.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, the background and die combine perfectly to create the impression of water, awesome job with it and it sets off the beautifully coloured Roxie perfectly!

    ReplyDelete