Saturday 4 October 2014

!3 Days of Halloween- Steampunk Challenge

I love Steampunk and had fun creating this stepper card for the challenge over at Simply Betty Stamps. The background for my stamps was made by embossing foil covered card with a Docraft's triboss cog folder. I then covered this in gesso and once dry covered the surface with alcohol inks. I let some of the foil show through by sanding the card once it had dried again (with the help of my heat gun!!) The clock is the Tim Holtz 'Weathered Clock' and in front of the dyed gauze there is a Memory Box Cogs die. Both have been distressed using a range of Treasure Gold gilding waxes. To attach the gauze and cog die I used small brads to avoid glue. The sentiment was coloured with Distress stain and the edges inked. I curved the sentiment to make it look like old paper too.
The Steampunk Witch image is coloured using Copic markers and I used a double layer of foam tape to lift her off the card front.


The image and sentiment are from Simply Betty Stamps - 'Steampunk Witch'. Pop over to the blog now to see all of the other amazing entries in the !3 Days of Halloween Challenge at:

3 comments:

  1. WOW jaw dropping gorgeous! Love the way you have colored her up. Fabulous layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie your card is FABULOUS! Love it

    ReplyDelete