Thursday 24 September 2015

A favourite shaped card for Christmas

As the year is quickly slipping away, I am trying to get a few Christmas cards made along the way so that I have some home made creations for a few special people. The new challenge at Polkadoodles Challenge blog using a favourite shaped card was the perfect opportunity to make a box card- I used several papers and lots of the delightful pre- coloured images from the Work and Play 5 Festive Hollybobs Collection. It is available as an instant download or as a CD. Fantastic value too! Just click on the link.


My box card uses a Santa, sleigh and present digi- all precoloured on the disc (these are also available as outlines for you to olour in your own way on the disc).
I resized the images in Word and made the sets of presents two different sizes so that I could place one stack behind the other to look like a huge cache!
THe sentiment was mounted using foam tape- I like to lift them off the base card so that they are not too hidden by bows and embellishments. 
Bling, a bow, some red Bazzill and a little distress ink were all I needed to add from my stash- everything else was from Workand Play 5. Do pop over to the shop and check it out- if Christmas is not your thing there are so many other collections to choose from.
Thanks for stopping by, Jackie x

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Inspiration Destination- Always anything goes
Aud Sentiments Challenge- #141 Christmas and Sentiment
Southern Girls- Whimsical, Cute and or Fun



14 comments:

  1. I love these cards . Yours is great xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous box card and love the papers! TFS and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, box cards are soooo awesome.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Jackie I love the dimension of a box card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! If you have the energy and time - what a great idea to do a box card for your Christmas card! A card and present all in one! LOL! I like one that is nicely 'stuffed' with images too! Thank you for sharing your project and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments for our Christmas challenge!
    ~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your braver than I, I have only made one box card and it was enough for the time being. I love your version. Penny (Polkadoodles DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab, love these box cards.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your box card thank you for sharing with us at The Crafting Addicts - good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great card Jackie and love all the layers you have added. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous !
    Thank you for joining us at the crafty addicts !
    Good Luck and hope to see you again.
    Fiki DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful project!I have not seen these box cards before, so cool!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments, good luck and hope to see you again in our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a super cute image and love the box card. Thanks for sharing your fabulous creation with us at Southern Girls. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love box cards and this on is a delight! Thanks for playing along at Southern Girls Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete